Cloudspark is Creospark’s sister company focused on product development.
At Cloudspark, we are more than technology enthusiasts. We shape the way businesses leverage productivity tools using the Microsoft 365 platform by building employee experience-based applications for Microsoft Teams focused on People Operations. We pride ourselves in making businesses’ lives easier, simplifying their processes, and sparking their business transformation. We tackle complex challenges and turn them into easy-to-use solutions. We work hard, stick together and care for our team. Igniters at heart, you will find our passion in everything we build. Our vision? Spark your technology career, build a sense of belonging and be a people-first organization. You will have tons of opportunities to grow with us and build an amazing career. Want in?
Cloudspark is a SaaS software product company that develops new productivity tools focused on the People Operations/HR space that leverage the Microsoft 365 and Microsoft Azure clouds. You will be part of a small but agile team with significant technical impact. You will be working alongside talented professional developers using modern languages, frameworks, and Microsoft cloud technologies and working on enterprise-grade SaaS applications.
Senior Back End Developer
We are looking for a Back-End Web Developer responsible for managing the interchange of data between the server and the users based on Azure and Microsoft 365 based cloud development technologies. Your primary focus will be the development of all server-side logic, definition, security, and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. You will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements built by your coworkers into the application. A basic understanding of front-end technologies is therefore necessary as well.
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server-side logic
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use
- Integration of back-end components with state-of-the-art modern AI, ML-based services (e.g. various Microsoft Azure cognitive services)
- Optimization of the application for maximum speed and scalability
- Implementation of security and data protection
- Design and implementation of data storage solutions
- Working with business intelligence
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as git, TFS and Azure DevOps
- Proficient understanding of OWASP security principles
- Developing, refactoring, maintenance and deployment of APIs
- Understanding of “session management” in a distributed server environment
Skills and Experience:
- Proficient knowledge of common back-end programming languages
- Understanding accessibility and security compliance
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Outputting data in different formats
- Management of hosting environment, including database administration, and scaling an application to support load changes
- Understanding differences between multiple delivery platforms such as mobile vs desktop, and optimizing output to match the specific platform
- Data migration, transformation, and scripting
- Setup and administration of backups
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
- 5+ years of experience in software development, preferably backend.
- 5+ manual testing using tools including postman, swagger.
- 3+ years API / Web services automation experience.
- 3+ years of experience in Object-Oriented programming.
- Experience in object-oriented programming and structured query language.
- Extensive knowledge of SQL principles including SQL structures, tables, and queries.
- Extensive knowledge of using Azure Cosmos DB, nested properties, sub-queries, joins, and corresponding JSON
- Expertise working with TDD/ BDD Environments.
- Expertise with creating secure cloud-based data architectures with implementing key data security aspects
- Having experienced bug tracking tools such as Jira, git and Azure DevOps.
- Working experience with common Microsoft 365 services including user profiles, Azure AD authentication, authorization, app registration, SharePoint REST API, and Microsoft Graph
- Good knowledge in Web Services, Message, Queue, and Command Busses
What we offer:
- A remote work environment allows you the freedom to manage your schedule
- An opportunity to grow with our quickly advancing company
- A fast-paced atmosphere with the support of your peers and managers
- Competitive wages and benefits packages
- A group of highly experienced and friendly colleagues who are excited to do their job every day